It can be very tricky to navigate the modern workplace. On the one hand, most employees in the State of Georgia are employed on an at-will basis, which means that you can be fired for a good reason, a bad reason, or no reason at all. On the other hand, numerous federal and state laws protect employees from discrimination, harassment, overtime violations, and other forms of illegal employer conduct.
If you’ve been fired, suspended or harassed on the job, or if you’ve been presented with an employment or severance agreement, and you’re not sure how to navigate these treacherous waters, one thing you can do is hire an experienced employment law firm that has a laser-like focus on handling employment related disputes—the Atlanta, Georgia employment law firm of The Buckley Law Firm LLC. The Buckley Law Firm is dedicated to helping employees of all types—from C-level executives to minimum wage employees—resolve their employment disputes and maximize the results of their contract negotiations.
At The Buckley Law Firm, we put our tradition of excellence in employment discrimination, sexual harassment and overtime law to work for you in resolving employment disputes in Atlanta and throughout the State of Georgia. Our dedicated team of experienced employment discrimination attorneys represents employees in all types of employment-related disputes, including:
- Sexual harassment and other forms of harassment
- Overtime and related wage and hour claims
- Race, sex, age, national origin, and religious discrimination
- Americans with Disabilities Act
- Family and Medical Leave Act
- Wrongful and retaliatory discharge
- Whistleblower cases
- Employment, severance and separation agreements
- Intentional infliction of emotional distress and other employment torts
- Non-competition and non-solicitation agreements
Although we are aggressive trial attorneys, and have taken on and beaten some of the country’s largest companies in employment discrimination, harassment and class action overtime cases, we also understand that sometimes there are alternatives to litigation. We are very experienced in the latest alternative dispute resolution techniques—such as mediation and arbitration—that can, in the appropriate case, help your resolve your employment dispute quickly and efficiently.
We also make it as easy as possible for you to bring your case. We handle most litigation matters on a contingency basis, which means you don’t pay us any attorneys’ fees unless we obtain a settlement or judgment for you. In other words, will work with you as your partner to fight your case and share the risk with you.
Of course, it’s not all about litigation. Much of our work also involves representing high-level business executives in negotiating various employment agreements, such as employment contracts, compensation and stock plans, severance agreements, and non-compete and non-solicitation agreements. In other words, we can fight if we have to, but we also have the business savvy to negotiate sophisticated agreements for our clients.
Even if you don’t see your particular employment problem listed here, if it’s employment related, we can handle it. You can call us anytime toll-free at 1-877-JOB JUSTICE (1-877-562-5878) or email us if you’re having a problem at work and need to talk to one of our experienced labor and employment attorneys. Whatever you do, don’t wait! Most employment law claims have very short statutes of limitations, meaning that you have a very short time period to bring your claim. If you don’t act within the applicable time limit, you could lose your right to bring a case. So, if you, or someone you know, are having any problems at your job, and you’re not sure what to do pick up the phone or email us—we’ll put our tradition of excellence in employment law to work for you!
- Are Workers Entitled To Pay For Time Spent Waiting To Go Through Security Checkpoints At Work? The U.S. Supreme Court has agreed to hear a case filed by Nevada workers alleging FLSA violations. In Integrity Staffing Solutions v. Busk, workers ....
- Reality TV Writers Seek Overtime Protections Reality TV now makes up a large percentage of the shows Americans watch. However, unlike network show where most writers are protected by collective ....
- Improper Tip Pooling Leads To Significant Wage And Hour Lawsuit Recently, a popular sports bar chain agreed to pay millions of dollars to settle a wage and hour claim. The back wage lawsuit arose as the result of ....
- Amazing Race Contestants File Employment Discrimination Lawsuit News reports that two former contestants on the Amazing Race have filed an employment discrimination ....
- Iraq Veteran Excluded from Hiring List May Have USERRA Claim Individuals who sign up for the military are prepared to make significant sacrifices to defend our ....
- Is Attendance An Essential Function of Your Job? If you take a leave of absence from work because of a disability, do you know if you are entitled to ....